Friday, August 18, 2017

Chrysler 300: Final touches

It's still summer and there are still plenty of things to keep me away from the bench, including some paying customers who want me to do work for them. The income will be useful if only because later in the fall, there may be a large home renovation project that will likely require I pack everything up and move out for a month or so. This will further delay model building progress, but should lead to a better work space. I have already packed up about half the unbuilt stash of kits. Perhaps I'll document the new space as it arises.

But meanwhile I thought I'd post the latest on the 300, namely the addition of a couple of aluminum air cleaners from Parts by Parks (part #3007). They're a bit tall, and I had to trim down the carbs as well as carve out a couple of dish-shaped recesses in the hood to get it all to fit, but the result is better than the naked and poorly detailed 4 barrel units. If it was a gas guzzler on one carb, two should be a real fun setup.



Still a lovely big brute.



Next I should probably detail under the hood a little better, a challenge given it is too late to wire up the distributor... anyway I am counting on all of you to keep on modeling, and I will get back to this as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment