Sunday, November 17, 2019

Mosquito: Basic wing assembly complete

Last time I posted on the de Havilland Mosquito was back in June 2017, when I completed the cockpit and glued the fuselage halves together. I dug the enormous box off the Shelf of Doom and dusted it off.

 

The wing was made as a single unit back in the day. In the Airfix kit, the upper surface is also a single piece and comes as part of the largest sprue I've ever seen.



Three lower sections required clamping. I will build this one as a civilian plane from the 1950's, reproducing a version flown by Spartan Air Services out of Ottawa. So there will be extra fuel tanks on the wings instead of the more usual machine guns.



What a monster ...



Next: flaps and other bits associated with the wing, then on to the twin Rolls-Royce Merlins.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment