Sunday, April 26, 2020

Rondeau M379B: Complete (#10 for 2020)

After taking a break to build a couple of OOBs and a hot-rodded Land Rover, time to get back to the Rondeau. The vacuum formed windows are the biggest part of what is left, and also the scariest because it is all too easy to cut out just a little too much. I really dislike vacuum formed windows.



A proper little Batmobile, especially in black.



Sadly I managed to damage a couple of decals. I'll see if I can get replacements.



Like all multi-media kits, there is a collection of excessively simplistic bits, combined with extreme levels of detail elsewhere. This is my first experience with Le Mans Miniatures and I am nut unhappy overall; any mistakes are my own.



Minimal wings on this 1980 Le Mans car. The 956 and its successor the 962 had a full-width unit. The Cosworth DFV has an excellent reputation in the F1 world but reliability over 24 hours was another challenge entirely. Car 15, shown here, blew a head gasket around about midnight, and overall the DFV didn't have the success in long-distance racing that it had in F1.



So what's next? Well, there's a Ford F3L aka P68, also with the DFV, on the bench. But stay tuned, who knows what could surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment