Saturday, February 13, 2021

Corvair Group 5: Initial cutting

Interestingly, it turns out that the wheelbase of a 1/24 Porsche 956 is the same as a 1/25 Corvair. So moving the rear wheel arch backwards will require lengthening the 956 chassis, but will save me from having to move the cockpit relative to the body if I don't want to.

At the same time, the option of tacking on some fenders from somewhere else (such as a 935) is crude. I decided instead to widen the body, as I have already done once before when I shoehorned the Honda S2000 drivetrain into the S600. 

Finally I may take the opportunity to shorten the roof somewhat, and/or to move the cockpit forward. So cutting has begun, meanwhile the V12 now sits where the Porsche flat six used to sit in the 956 under tray. 

Stay tuned! It's going to get more gruesome as the hacking continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment