Tuesday, December 28, 2021

VW Pickup: Final assembly (#18 for 2021)

Number 18 for 2021 is a nice addition to the collection of Exceptionally Silly Little Trucks (ESLT): the C1 Models resin transkit of the VW Caddy, with a turbocharged version of the 16V engine from Clearly Scale and various other enhancements from the aftermarket (brakes, wheels and tires, seats) or the scratch-building supplies (shock tower braces, exhaust system, etc.). 


(Note the Lancia Delta S4 was not #18; somewhere back there I skipped a number or two.)

 

As always there were a couple of last minute fails which I will not point out; and I'll thank you for not pointing them out, either, should you spot any. 

 

Other entries in the ESLT category include a Subaru Brat that has had the nose lengthened to take a full WRX engine, and a couple of Suzuki-based hot rods going back some ways. 


This was built as part of a group build (theme: VWs) for the Ottawa Model Car Group on FB. I won last year's group build, which gave me the right to pick the theme for this year. This is a nice build but not show-winner nice, so I don't expect a repeat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment