Saturday, September 3, 2022

Porsche 962C: Complete (#11 for 2022)

OK, Model Factory Hiro kits are extraordinarily detailed. But they also require huge amounts of fiddling, adjusting and general futzing about. I'm glad I finally wrestled this one to the mat, even if I started it in February. 


The 1986 Le Mans winning 962C, driven by Derek Bell, Al Holbert and Hans Stuck, in the classic Rothman's livery. One of the all-time Le Mans greats. Should be a great addition to the Le Mans shelf but right now I can't get too excited. I mean it took all day to get the windshield wiper right -- four flimsy photo-etched parts that eventually required three 0.5 mm rivets from the parts bin to hold it all together.

 


I am rather pleased with the door hinges, but what a struggle. 


Overall it looks good from far but is far from good. Not one of my best, but I'll take the win even if it was was messy. 


What's next? There is a Ford versus Ferrari competition at a meet in just a month from now. Fortunately I've got lots of Ferraris built and ready to go; but maybe I can manage a 330 P4 or GT 40 by then. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment