Monday, December 19, 2022

Auto Union Type C, MFH Version: Overview

Some time ago I built the 1/24 scale version of the Type C as offered in resin by Fernando Pinto of FPModelos. That kit was typical of resin, in that there were some challenges, and spent some time on the Shelf of Doom before being completed. Click here for details of that build. 


When MFH offered this at 1/12, at an appropriate MFH price, I decided to pass; but when they reissued it in mid-December (with a warning that there probably wouldn't be any more), I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present. The box turned up today.

First impression: This 1,890 gram package is up to the usual MFH quality.

Coincidentally I just cleaned up my workspace... Stay tuned!  

PS Like others, I have ordered in the past from the European sponsor of the MFH Facebook page, and have always gotten hit by DHL for substantial import duties. I ordered direct from Japan this time and FedEx did not charge me duties; MFH also gave me a 10% discount as a repeat customer. It occurs to me that Canada has a free-trade agreement with countries of the Pacific Rim, but not with the EU, and this could explain the lack of customs fees. So order direct and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment