Sunday, March 24, 2024

Alfa Romeo TZ2: Rear suspension and chassis components

Rear suspension and chassis structure is complete. 



The rear suspension is a bit of an oddball setup; it's got a traditional lower A-arm but a strange set of links, including a long one running forward inside the trellis of chassis tubes, to locate the top of the hub. And it appears the driveshaft is of fixed length so that it serves as part of the upper "A-arm". Photos show this layout is pretty similar to the TZ1 I built some years ago.


Next: on to the engine compartment and front suspension. I'm still aiming to display this without the body, next to my Lotus Elan chassis. As I intend to display this without the body, I'll be running things like gas lines from the tank to the carbs -- that's the bit of clear tube that runs up inside the right-side trellis.


Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment