Thursday, March 2, 2017

New 1/43 scale blog

OK, I thought long and hard on this one. Do I keep all modeling in one location, or do I break out the 1/43 stuff from the 1/24 and 1/25 scale work. In the end I decided to create a new blog, here: http://43rd-scale.blogspot.ca/

Why? Well, I now have three kits in this scale. The BRM H16 as driven by Jackie Stewart to a second place finish in the 1967 Belgian GP has been described here before. Later I came across a Gurney Weslake which is also an oddball, and which turned out to be the first place car in the 1967 Belgian GP; it was also the only win for the car (driven by Dan himself, who had rather a large number of other wins in other cars, but none in the Weslake). So having the first and second place finishers for the 1967 Belgian GP in hand, it made sense to grab the third place car (a Ferrari 312 driven by Chris Amon) in order to have the entire podium.

So there is a lot of material to come, and a new blog made sense. Have a look and let me know what you think; the H16 is coming right along and there are some interesting photos and stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment