Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa Zagato: Introduction

A while back I bought a job lot of oddball kits, because I wanted some of them; others were sold on because I already had them, or wasn't interested in the particular model. I decided to keep a couple that weren't originally on the keeper list, such as this Alfa TZ3. After all, I have kits of the TZ (built) and TZ2 (awaiting building), so why not?


This Studio 27 kit is a curbside model (no engine or chassis detail) made of resin and metal. The TZ3 Stradale (of which nine were made) was built on a modified Viper chassis and included the 8.4 litre V10. The Corsa version (of which one was built) had a 4.2 litre V8, presumably from the Ferrari-Maserati stable, and prettier bodywork than the Stradale. (Both were bodied by Zagato). 


Parts are washed and the can of Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red is ready to go. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment