For a curbside model, this one has been giving me fits. Did someone say this hobby is supposed to be relaxing? stress-relieving? Well, let me tell you THIS, Buddy: I am PLENTY relaxed. Yessiree, NEVER been SO relaxed, GOT THAT? Now where's my drink.
Anyway some of it was the usual resin off-gassing which sometimes looks fine after primer but resurfaces after the topcoat goes on; some of it was me being impatient and trying to put the paint on too fast. All issues that, in retrospect, I know all about, having been there and done that many times before.
So finally I got fed up trying to fix various little screwups and tossed it all in a propyl alcohol bath to strip all the Tamiya paint right back to the resin (and incidentally to work on cleaning up the resin a bit more). I did not take any pictures of said screwups; this was a deliberate decision.
So it's back to the automotive primer tonight; it looks like I'll need a bit more putty, and some more primer, before attempting the top coat again. I'm going to watch a movie and go to bed, and maybe this will all look better in the morning.