Saturday, September 29, 2018

Citroen DS19: Award winner

I am very pleased that the DS19, one of the easiest builds I've encountered in recent memory, won First Place in the Out Of Box category at today's Ottawa Scale Auto Contest.





To be fair this category was not heavily subscribed, unlike the Race Car category where some killer builds blew my decent 917K right out of the water. Here are just a couple, starting with a fully built-up Group 5 Zakspeed Capri. The original Tamiya kit was curbside, meaning no engine, so you can imagine the work that went into this build.





The DTM Audi A4R, by the same OCD builder, was equally good. I have this kit in my stash and the bar has clearly been set very high indeed. Maybe I'll just build up the V8 and shoehorn it into a VW Golf ...



I also snagged a Kenworth in the raffle, and another plaque for Rookie of the Year as it was my first competition, ever. All in all a great day. So back to the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment