Sunday, December 16, 2018

Volvo 240 Turbo: A quick OOB?

Regular readers (if any) will know I have a fondness for Volvo wagons, having worked on 140 and 240 series cars as a mechanic in my youth. I've already got Tamiya's excellent 850 wagon, in racing trim; and when Aoshima/Beemax issued a 240 Turbo, also in racing trim, I couldn't resist picking one up along with the associated detail kit.



So while paint dries on the ambulance, and as a way of relaxing, I figured a quick OOB (Out Of Box) build of the 240 would be relaxing, especially given that, like the 850, it is a curbside model with no underhood detail.



First step: Tamiya primer followed by TS-26 Pure White. White paint on white plastic is a charm, but the wing is molded in black along with most of the other bits, so it needed lots of white primer to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment