Tuesday, January 29, 2019

'55 Vette: Test fitting the phantom Speedster body

The little cut-down windshield has turned out well, I think. The window frame will likely get stripped and painted a bright aluminum colour.



Stance on the big Polyglas tires is excellent, with the suspension lowered front and rear.



The 283 with Webers fits well under the hood and doesn't need a scoop for clearance.



The blue stripes probably should have been wider, with a narrower white stripe up the middle; also the white paint probably should have been Tamiya Pure White instead of the creamier Racing White. Of course I am influenced in this by the '60 Vette run by Briggs Cunningham at Le Mans. In any case it looks good in my opinion.

Next: final assembly after a couple of fixes to the paint. I will also need to arrange exhaust pipes, probably lakers if I can find something suitable from the parts bin. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment