Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Five year anniversary part 2

After 5 years at this blog, a few items have become clear from the statistics provided by Google, which hosts the blog.

First, only two or three posts really got any serious attention. Of roughly 15,600 pageviews so far (say 3000 per year, 250 per month), a full 1422, or over 9%, were of my scratchbuilt distributor, which I didn't even invent (I got it from the well-known contributor to various magazines, Tim Kriner). Click here if you want to see it. A couple of photos follow and illustrate the approach. Another 219 views were related to my initial review of Model Factory Hiro's monstrous little Porsche 908/03, here. After that it was double or single digit reads.

Second, the readership is worldwide, with 4700 pageviews from the US, 2600 from Canada, 2100 from Russia and 1100 from France. While these represent 68% of pageviews, there are readers in many other countries. I don't look at the stats all that often, but occasionally there will be a sudden burst of pageviews from a specific source. Russian pageviews, in particular, seem to come in waves; there are months where Russia is the single biggest source of pageviews by a long shot, then none for a long time. Or there will suddenly be a wave of pageviews from some small country that I have never seen in the stats before, like one guy discovered the blog and told all his friends, and they all looked. Once.

Finally, I have had maybe two or three comments in five years. So all those pageviews from Russia are either all from the same introvert who keeps coming back, or there are lots of introverts in Russia! I once wrote a post in French hoping to get some response from the French contingent, but nothing happened.

So tell me, if you will: what interests bring you here, and what should I focus on? I use the blog to record, for my own benefit, how I built stuff (what paint I used, etc.) but also to document unexpected challenges. This has been especially useful as I move to multi-media kits and resin bits of extremely variable quality. Let me know what is on your mind, confidentially if you so desire; I also post a lot of this on Facebook where all I get is Likes, but no real conversation.

Stay tuned, there is more to come!













No comments:

Post a Comment