Friday, March 29, 2019

Mitsubishi Delica: Body and interior

I while back I looked at the stash, including all the boxes of incomplete projects. My bank account and I agreed that there is plenty to build, and I don't need to buy anymore kits, for now anyway. So I dug out this pair of Mitsubishi Delica Star Wagon 4WD Super Exceed 7-seater microvans from Aoshima, converted into a single 5-seater 8X8 race car transporter and a bunch of residual body parts. Initial body and chassis work dates to January 2017 (click here). 



After some putty and sanding, the Testor's yellow went on well. There are a couple of runs to sand down, then I think it needs a stripe of some sort, at least along the waistline if not over the roof. Red, or maybe blue would be proper match with the bold yellow.  



A decision was made to use the rearmost engine, so there is a big hump in the rear compartment between the two rear-facing seats.



The three-seat bench got cut up and put in front over where the forward engine would have resided. The middle passenger interferes significantly with the gear shift and 4WD lever; in retrospect it would have been smarter to use the forward engine, and go to 2 + 3 seating. 



Sadly the Testor's yellow is not the same as the Tamiya yellow on the Honda, so I may need to build up a different race car. 



One option is this Honda N360 which has a moderately well detailed 360 cc aircooled twin. I've also got a small turbocharger kit with intercooler, and some fat little Minilites ... could be interesting. 





Final assembly beckons. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment