Saturday, March 9, 2019

Rover 2000 TC: Complete (#6 for 2019)

OK, not one of my better efforts, although to be fair the camera picks up lots of flaws, especially in 1/43, that aren't visible unless you get out a magnifying glass ... still.



The glass is especially bad, and I may take it apart to redo at least the side glass in sheet acetate. I'll have to find some 0.005" as the 0.010" I have on hand is too thick.



The door handles are nowhere near scale items. Sad, because the door push buttons are close to scale.



Looks like the driver bashed a snowbank and bent the lower fog lamp brackets ... which is probably period correct, but is not built into the kit.



Next are a few pictures of the entire 1/43 fleet. The BRM H16 from Model Factory Hiro is much more detailed, and I did a better job of it, too.



Well, that's enough of the 1/43 scale for now. It's hard on the eyes, and finishing one up doesn't clear up a lot of shelf space in the stash.



So these K&R kits are crude and will benefit from a lot of rework, which I didn't invest here. Furthermore there were a couple of inaccuracies; the model is LHD where the original car was RHD, and the race numbers on the doors are much smaller than the small number of period photos I was able to find. Nonetheless it reproduces an oddball car I once owned, so that is a benefit.



What's next, you say? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment