Friday, December 6, 2019

Lotus Eleven: final assembly has begun

So I am taking a break from the De Havilland Mosquito (two-seater, with twin Rolls Royce Merlins, 27 litres each and a combined 2900 horsepower) to finish up the Lotus Eleven, coincidentally also a two-seater, but with a Lotus-modified Ford Cortina engine, 1430 cc, maybe 110 hp, 115 tops. Ringy dingy ding.



So this isn't really an Eleven, as I have matched the Profil 24 Eleven resin slot car body to Tamiya's Seven chassis and mechanical bits. The Eleven never had the hot-rodded Cortina engine, or the double A-arm front end, or the solid rear axle. A Seven Eleven, maybe? 




So anyway I decided not to deck it out in 1957 Le Mans livery (British Racing Green with a thin yellow stripe down each side) as it is not a Le Mans racer. That left me room to be creative with the colours. 



Work in Progress but I am getting there. I particularly like this angle. What a basic little ride!



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment