Monday, January 8, 2018

Bombardier sidewalk plow: canopy

Well, the old Ranchero got sacrificed. But it was not in vain as you will hopefully agree.



I never met  a roof I didn't want to chop... the cut is just over 3" at scale. I took the opportunity to shorten the canopy by the simple expedient of sliding the roof section forward to meet the windshield posts. Normally a chop of this scale would have required splicing in a roof section to maintain the distance between pillars at the window sill level.





The canopy uses the chopped roof and the upper door sills, all narrowed by about 20 inches at scale. Once it's all set, I'll clean it up and start thinking about hinging it. These tilt up towards the front on the commercial sidewalk plows.





Clearly I should have narrowed the roof a bit more, as demonstrated by the poor fit of the windshield posts. I'm undecided as to whether I'll simply trim the posts, or cut another 1/32" out of the roof panel. Then I'll worry about cutting up the glass. Ugh. Meanwhile the remnants of the Falcon are available for future hair-brained (or is it hare-brained) ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment